Right after midnight on Thursday, the Sattahip Police Investigating Inspector Pol. Lt. Col. Rattapark Soparb were summoned to investigate in an accident from an electric shock, with a mother and a child reported dead in their house in Sattahip.
The Sawang-rojana Rescue Team also came to assist, and the accident happened in a 1 storey attached house, with next door neighbors on both sides. The body of Miss Chanita Song-choem, aged 29 a local resident, was found lying on her back in the washroom floor, and there was a short piece of wire in her burnt hand.
The body of her 5-year-old daughter “Mink” was also discovered, holding onto her mother, with the same wire in her burnt hand, making a heartbreaking which picture for all the family members.
From investigating, the police found that the wire in their hands was the clothes drying wire they have used for over a year, but it was attached to the TV aerial in their room, as well as connected to the TV next-door.
The husband of Miss Chanita, Mr. Saitong Sanusan, aged 29, stated that he returned home to find his wife and daughter were dead. He had left home early that morning, but his wife wanted to stay home to wash and dry clothes. They had never experienced electricity leaking from this wire before, so he could not believe his wife and daughter died from an electric shock. The police were sure that the mother and daughter died from electric shock, but further investigations will be made after the bodies return from their autopsies, for the peace of mind of Mr. Saitong and family members.
News stories placed on this website are short versions. If you would like the full story, please read the Pattaya People Weekly newspaper
Pattaya People Weekly, Pattaya People Television, Pattaya People Radio and other medias are published by Dragon Enterprises Co. Ltd. 20/15-16 M.10, Soi Day-Night Hotel, South Pattaya Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150, Thailand. Tel. 0-3842-7585, 0-3842-0707, Fax: 0-3842-9773